I also took a close up of my fabric. It is called "Boucle" and that is the little black nubs that you see sticking out of the fabric.
Next, I worked on the sleeves. Kenneth says to add "Wiggin" to the bottom of the sleeve edge to keep it from stretching. I didn't have this, so I cut some muslin on the length wise grain where there is no stretch and used this. Wiggin is a very thin cotton. If you are wondering why I have a safety pin in my fabric, that is to tell me which is the right side. If I didn't have that, I would never be able to tell.
I have the sleeves and the sleeve lining finished and you can see the cuff has been attached.
I also have the lining front and back attached together and put it on my duct tape dummy. It is starting to come together now and look like a coat!
Well, that was a good mornings work. I have some more tacking this evening of the seams and hopefully can work on it a little bit tomorrow! I hope you are enjoying the follow along! Thanks! Cindy