As I told you in the last post, I had saved my stuffing from our old couch that my husband tore apart and burned. I had washed the stuffing in two old pillowcases that I would pin shut and after many washings I packed it all away for a rainy day. That rainy day was today. I had two overflowing leaf garbage bags full of industrial stuffing.
I stuffed my pillow forms with the stuffing using one whole garbage bag full. I just did a whip stitch to close up the bags and had my euro pillow inserts made.
You can still see some of the lumps and bumps here. I wish I could blow it in like they do at the companies. Now you will see why I used such a heavy blanket to make the pillow insert out of. After I added the cover none of the lumps or bumps show at all. I like my pillows large and full! Here is the finished project! It is just as smooth as any pillow insert I could of bought and I am sure a whole lot nicer.
Today I am working on the bedding. Pictures to come later!