Well here is how I accomplished this. The shirt is an Ambercrombie cotton shirt. First, I was going to open up the sleeve area to remove the sleeve.
Then I decided to just cut off the sleeve and leave around 1/2" to try and hem to the inside of the shirt. This would be a real time saver.
Here I pinned it in place.
I then just did a whip stitch after folding this to the inside of the shirt. You would never be able to tell this shirt use to have sleeves! So simple!
Now I used my 4mm rolled hem foot and hemmed around the bottom edge of my cut shirt. This 1/2" was just enough to have the hem meet the placket and look like it was always made like this.
Well its all finished and as you can see it put a big smile on Allura's face and she said: Mamo, I want to learn how to do these kinds of things! Now that put a big smile on my face!!!!