Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Grandaughter Caused A Kitchen Fire!

My granddaughter wanted some mozzarella Sticks.  My daughter told her O.K. to get out the oil and the mozzarella sticks and she would make them.  Well my granddaughter thought she would help.  She is 11 years old.  She poured some oil in the pan and turned the stove on high and walked away.  My daughter did not know that she did this.  Next thing they knew the stove and cupboard above were on fire. 

Allura told me that her mom shoved her.  I said what do you mean that she shoved you and she said I was trying to put on my shoes and she shoved me out the door.  She was serious, she really thought her mom shoved her for starting the fire.  I told Allura she was shoving you out the door to save your life.  That fire could of just exploded.

My daughter did a dumb thing also, she grabbed the kids pictures off the wall as she was running out the door.  I asked her why would you do such a dumb thing and she said she just could not bare losing the kids baby pictures.  It was pouring down rain and one of the neighbors that she doesn't even know has her pictures. 

The fire department were there very quickly and It turned out not being as bad as it could of been, but the smoke damage is awful.  This happened Monday evening and I went over yesterday morning and there was soot everywhere.  On the walls and ceilings on the sheets in the bedrooms, light fixtures, window blinds.  Oh what a mess, it is going to take a while to clean this mess up.  She is a single parent with two children, so she can't afford to pay to have the work done.

When it rains it pours, she lost her car last week also.  She had a fairly nice car and it was in great shape.  It started to miss a little bit so she took it into the shop to be looked at.  When they started to put the car up on the rack, they brought the car right back down and told her not to put any money into that car.  They said the frame had totally rusted out and it was unsafe to drive.  We took it to someone that welded frames and he verified this also and said it was to far gone to repair.  Who would think to look at a frame when you buy a car?  Well someone sold it to her in this dangerous condition knowing she had two children.  What is wrong with people today, they only care about themselves!  I also put a picture of the car here, so you remember when you buy a new car to have someone check out the frame.

Here are a couple of pictures of the fire.  Just please say a prayer that we get this mess cleaned up and we get her back on her feet.  Maybe some of you remember, Allura was the one her broke her hand last year in the bicycle accident.

This is my granddaughters sheet on her bed, way back in the bedroom, that is how far this soot travels in just a very short time.  This is like little bits of grease everywhere.

I will keep you posted on our clean up process.  We just kind of sat around in a daise in the morning, but by afternoon, we kicked it into gear and started cleaning!  We will get it back in order!!