You can see the pillow sham has this flap of material hanging off of the edge for decoration. What I did first was I sewed my ruffle to the edge of that flap with right side on top of right side.
Now you can see the stitching line where the flap starts. I folded the material on that stitching line and brought it down over the sewed on ruffle.
I pinned this in place right over the stitching on the ruffle. I did the two side seams first and then the bottom and then the top. I just top stitched it into place. I was concerned about how the corners would look, but they turned out great.
Finally, here is the finished project. It was a big job, but it looks so cute and I am sure it will be even cuter on the girls comforters in their new "Hello Kitty" bedroom!
My plan was to use the "H K" initial side of the material, but after making the ruffle I realized the "H K" initials would be upside down on the top of the pillow. It ended up that I liked this darker side better, so it
worked out well!